This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Drop Down Menu on Navigation (NOT A Wizard Site!)

I am trying to Make the navagation of my site more compact and simple to use.

I have a Bravenet Pro Template with A few Navagation Links just below my Header. "Home" "Forum" "Resources" .....

I would like to place a Drop down Menu that will show up when visitors cursor aims at each navigation point.

For Example: Under the "Visitors Section" link in my navigation area I would like the links to, Home, Guest Book, Link section, Newsletter, and other features to drop down as someone points to the navagation Name.

I had tried to do this with several little script prgrams I have seen on the internet. My first several attempts reulted in ERROR pages????? And I do see that Bravenet offers several Free Scripts To make this sort of menu.

I guess I am clueless as to How to place them and make them work the way that I would like?

Does anyone have any tips or advice that might help me figure out how to do this?

Is it possible to place this in the CSS and change all the pages at the same time?

I have been using the File Manager in the Bravenet Hosting services. I have a PRO Hosting account.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me figure out what I want to do and how to get it started!

Re: Drop Down Menu on Navigation (NOT A Wizard Site!)

Here is a link to a site that I am going to use to do just that...I know you say you've tried script, but this may have some tips or info in it that may help you..or it might be an easier way...

Dynamic Drive

that site really has a lot of cool ideas and info

Thank you--It has not been that I don't like the scripts I just have not been able to find any that I can work with the way I want!

Hopefully, you have given me a good tip I might be able to use! I will check it out and let everyone know!

Anna

Anna,

I use one of the menus from Dynamic Drive on my site. I did a bit of modification to it, to make it display the way I wanted, but it works nice. If you go to my home page, the links on the left bring up the menu items. On the right, is a link to a page that says "Web Site Map". I use the same menu scripting to bring up simple descriptions of each page, when you do a mouse over. It's a popup description and an active link.

My whole site contains tons of Javascript, so making it work wasn't much of a problem. But it is a lot different than HTML.

Thank You Martin! My site is starting to become more and more java script! And so far I have had few issues learning how to work with the scripts so I will check out your site and see what you have going on! My head is a bit spinning today after about 10 different programs and attempts to make something work the way I want it to work!!!!!!