This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why such a difference in text size between Firefox and IE? How do I fix it please?

I use IE, and on one of my web pages, (page link below), I have the text size on "1", which looks to be the same size as the navigation text...but when I view the page in Firefox, the text is tiny...yet the navigation text is still the same size as in IE....

Why is there such a difference in text size between Firefox and IE? Is it my settings? Or does everyone see this page as tiny print?

Anyone know how I can fix this, please? If I change the text size it will be too big for IE! But when I view using Firefox I can hardly see it!

Thanks in advance for any help

click

Re: Why such a difference in text size between Firefox and IE? How do I fix it please?

I don't have Firefox but I see the font the same in both Netscape and IE. And it's too small in both of them. If you see different sizes in the browers, then the browsers font settings are not the same. I can go into "preferences" on Netscape, or "Internet Options" on IE, and override your font settings and make everything the same size. Browsers differ on the way they handle that kind of font setting. Here are a couple of links to information on using the setting:

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML3.2/5.24.html

http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/%7Emudws/font.html

The first one is actually linked from the first one. As suggested you may want ot insert a tag to set the base font size, but that can probably still be overridden from the browser.

Re: Re: Why such a difference in text size between Firefox and IE? How do I fix it please?

The font and basefont tags along with font sizes of 1 through 7 were the 20th Century's way of defining font sizes. In the 21st Century we have full control of the size and appearance of the text on our sites using stylesheets. I have a series of tutorials on stylesheets at the above link.

Re: Why such a difference in text size between Firefox and IE? How do I fix it please?

Thanks guys for your help. You were right Mr M, I didn't have the settings in Firefox set. As I rarely use it, I never thought to adjust those. I only use it to check out my MySpace profile, (I use a div overlay), to try to make it browser compatable.

Thanks for telling me about the information on your site Mr C. I do use a style sheet, I'm actually more familiar with CSS then html...and I know how to make a style sheet...but

I wasn't sure about how to use it on a particular section, or even a sentence, so thats why I used font size...was easier for me lol

Thanks again guys, and for the info.links too