This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with Link Code

I would like to add an image link or text link on my webpage. How is this done and what code do I use to accomplish this? Please advise.

Thank you....

S

Re: Help with Link Code

You don't seem to have a site yet, so we're not sure what tool you are planning to use, so it's hard to give a specific answer to your question.

You gave an incorrect URL. If this is the correct URL for your site:

http://myuniverseaswell.bravehost.com/

then it shows as "Under Construction". I don't mean you put a graphic up there that says under construction -- it's a Bravenet placeholder.

I'm sorry for the lack of info. I'm in the process of building this website and I'm very new..... I'm using the Website Wizard if that helps...and the URL that I used will be my website but I have not prublished it yet.....I'm still editing and just getting use to the tools.....

Thanks for response anyhow.....

OK -- someone who is familiar with the Wizard should be along soon to address your question about links.

But you really do need to change the URL you are using for your site.

You gave us this address:

http://myuniverseaswell.bravenet.com/

But that's incorrect. The actual URL of your site is:

http://myuniverseaswell.bravehost.com/

URLs of sites in free Bravenet accounts end with "bravehost.com", not "bravenet.com".

OK?

Ok. Thanks so much for your patience....

Guesser....I now see where it is bravehost.com

thanks for pointing that out....

OK -- but in that last message you posted here, you still have the wrong URL.

All you need to do is correct it in the next message you post, and your subsequent messages (posted from the same computer & browser) should have the correct URL in the future.

Sorry I can't answer your Wizard question...

To Have A Text Link:
Open in Same Window:

click
---------------------------
Link Open in New Window:

click
Image as a Link:

image will show here
-----------------------
Now for an image, you need a URL..I use photobucket.com to host my pictures, its free and easy...

These codes are added the same way you add text...anywhere on your page...
--------------
My site isn't finished yet, (i'm such a slacker )
but I do have the 'Backgrounds" and 'Link Coding' pages kinda done..you can look for more information if you like...

grrr....the 'IMAGE AS A LINK' code didn't show up....here it is corrected:

image will show here

I know there is some kind of option to add a link in the menu, but you asked for the codes....

I'm not familiar with that option anyways...

All the link structures mention here are correct, but there are ways of creating text and image links from within the Website Wizard's content editors.

When you are editing one of your web pages content areas, you can create a text link by simply entering the text for the link, highlight the test with your cursor, and then click on the "Link" icon. You will be prompted for the URL of the link. This can be the full URL to some other web site, or a relative URL to a page on your own site.

To create a image link is a little more complicated, but not much. In your content editor window, place your cursor where you want the image and click on the "image" icon. This will bring up a window that will show you all the images that are in your "myPictures" folder on your web site. You can select one of those images, upload a new one, or select one from your Photo Album. Select the one you want and click on "Use this Image" link. That will place the image in your content area. Then, to make it a link you need to select the images. Don't just click on the image. Select the image by clicking and draging across the image. This should gray out the image. Then click the "Link" icon and follow the same thing I described above, for the text link.

Note, the links will not work in the editor. Save your work and preview the pages. If you create a image link you will probably get a blue border around the image. To eliminate the blue boarder you will need to use the Code Editor to add a "border=0" attribute to your image link. For example, say the code for your image link looks like this:

To eliminate the border, add the "border=0" attribute to the tag, like this:

border=0>