This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frame Coding

I'm having a few coding problems with my site. I'm a beginning programmer and I'm working with Javascript, HTML/XHTML, and CSS. I'm hand typing the code on all my site. I've been having problems with frames. Here is the code I used,

<br /> If you're browser doesn't support frames then you can also click <a href="http://google.com"> here </a> . <br />

------------------------------------------------------
(i changed urls to google to prevent over publicity to my private forum but it should still work. The code is valid. I tested it as a HTML file in my browser.) But whenever I display the part of the site where the frames are all I get is a blank page. View source shows the code, it just won't do frames. A little help please?

Re: Frame Coding

OOps the coding didn't show up. I forgot about HTML enabling in posts.

I hope those are the comment tags, I don't use them that much.

Re: Re: Frame Coding

To put & in this forum type it as &
To put < in this forum type it as <
To put > in this forum type it as >

Re: Re: Re: Frame Coding

But usually, "I am talking about the code on http://www.wherever.com/username/page14.html" will be even better. The problem isn't always with the code that doesn't work.

Ok so I apparently am incapable of posting the frames code. Even comment tags don't work. Is this possibly a problem caused by free service? I was thinking of upgrading in about 6 months when I learn enough stuff.

Re: Re: Frame Coding

As far as I understand, Bravehost doesn't support frames on free sites. I believe, though, that this is because it is difficult to make sensible use of frames with a huge advertising banner in each frames. I think I've seen sites that do it.

However, to post code, please read Stephen Chapmans message. But again, better post a link to a page with the code.

Could someone help me out here please? I'm still stuck. I really want to code my site in frames and it's not working. Would someone please do something! to help?