This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Counters

Can somebody please tell me why my Counter setting keep changing?

Re: Counters

Counting visitors?

Sorry, but you do need to give a bit more info about the problem to get a useful answer.

Thanks for your response Peter.
Yeh, sorry, it was a bit vague.
The prob i'm having is when i set my counter to 'ignore my hits' i then save. it works ok for a day or two then it starts counting my hits. i go to the counters manager/settings and 'do not ignore my hits' is checked. i change it back to 'ignore' then save and the whole process stars again.

cheers
SkizzikS

Re: Re: Counters

Bravenet downloads a cookie to identify your PC as one whose visits should be ignored.

Your browser will automatically clean up cookies from time to time.

Hi Peter

Oh man! I feel like a real DH!

Thanks heaps for that. My browser doesn't clean up my cookies, I do!

This has been going on since I started the site and was really buggin' me. I make sure I keep the "Good Cookies" but I didn't know that there was one for my counter from Bravenet. Well, at least I learnt something from it.

Once again, thanks heaps Peter, I owe you one, no two...three.......

cheers
Skiz

Re: Counters, Speaking of

Speaking of counters, is there a way I can add (preferably hidden) counters to my files and tunes that I have on my site?
I have several files that are available for download by visitors, and some mp3's that can be played. I would like a way to keep track of how many times these are played/downloaded.

Also, can I set the site counter up so it doesn't increment each time a visitor changes pages? I would like to use this as a site-visit count.

Thanks.