This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
backgrounds

a simple question....how do u put an image as your background!! far out i can put colour as background etc but jeeze im annoyed... now not meaning to sound cocky or anything but i am an alright website designer but now where hav i needed to use a image as a background and i cant find anywhere were it has been used!! do a poor bloke an favou and help me out please.... lol

Re: backgrounds

Pick a site with a background image and view source.

i pressum i should go to google....type anything in and look through pages after pages until i find one....hmm lol bummer...umm anyone know a page that has it...i did know but cant find the page ...thanx peter for the help anyhows

If you just haven't found anything on using a image for a background, then you just haven't done enough research. A web designer should be able to add a background image with both hands tied behind their back.

I looked at your web page and notices you are setting the background color from the tag. A background image can be set from the same tag. But since All of the tag attributes have been depreciated, you are better off moving all of the body attributes out of the tag and put them in a style.

For details and examples on how to use styles to manage background images and colors, try W3Schools - CSS Background.

Re: Re: backgrounds

My inate modesty prevented me from suggesting simply looking at my site.

That and the fact that I still haven't got around to shifting the background from the body tag to a style.