This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
html hosting

ok here is the thing.

i wanna put a file from my computer into myspace.com..using html. i wanna know how i can host this file and make a html code out of it so i can put it up

Re: html hosting

some people use this place to store images online...
http://www.photobucket.com/

you can then create/edit a webpage to show that image on myspace or bravehost or wherever...

alrite thats picture hosting, but wat about things like sounds/videos

What file format?

HTML files are plain text, you can code one by hand using a text editor such as Notepad.

For other file formats, most programs have a "save as html" option although this will usually produce very badly constructed code.

How you load it to your web space is down to the hosting service that you use. (Before anybody comes back with instructions about File Manager, the original query is about a NON Bravenet site).

the file format is mp3. i want a song playing when someone visits my myspace.com profile

Serge, unless you have paid hosting, i'm afraid its not going to be easy....

There are free host sites, ripway.com..the filehut.com....you can Google, 'free host sites'...

Just keep in mind that free hosts' have limitations..one being, they only allot you so much bandwidth per 24 hours, also most limit upload file sizes.....mp3's average 4-5mb...

The best thing to do is read the TOS of the site

aight thanks a lot