This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another Music Problem, Surprise

Ok, i know there are WAY to many posts about adding music, but ive read almost all of them and i still need help. Ok, i chnged a song into a wave file, and uploaded that in to the server, and ive TRIED to use the the html command with that file, but it hasent worked, grrr. So i was wondering if someone could give me and EXACT replica of the command, not the one on oall the other posts, one that comes right from a working code, just use shaneslittlesite.bravehost.com/music/randomsong.wav, for the url. THX

Browser: Snoopydude211,2

Re: Another Music Problem, Surprise

o, and wat kinds of files are allowed on Bravenet webpages?

Browser: Snoopydude211,2

If you have a free Bravehost site, the permitted filetypes are

htm, .html, .gif, .jpg, .png, .txt, .swf, .mid, .rmi, .au, .wav, .js, .css, .ico, .bmp, .class

Changing a song into .wav is asking for disaster, so I suspect that is your problem. What is the file size? .wav files are permitted, in order to allow the opening of your ghost story site be accompanied by a 1 sec clip of a creaking door. That kind of thing. There is a good reason people are using mp3 files.

If you convert a mp3 file, there is a good chance that you end up with a file bigger than your available webspace.

My Wav File is 2,300 kb, and in using a free account, and accourding to your list, mp3's arent allowd. And are miidd files the same as midi?

Re: Re: Another Music Problem, Surprise

Well, for a .wav file, 2300 kb is tiny. In that case, the code is
Click to hear random song (2.3 mb)

While tiny for a .wav song, it is still about a hundred times too large to consider embedding it.

.mid=midi, yes.