This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I get two tables side by side?

I want to use invisible tables to order my website and I'm using Frontpage [though I know HTML]. I want a table on the left for the index and also a table alongside that for the main content. How do I go about it?

Browser: tywien@gmail.com,3

Re: How do I get two tables side by side?

Why does this require two tables? What about one table, with your index in one cell, and the main content in the other?

Using colspan and rowspan, you can divide the right part as many ways as you like.

Index
item 1
item 2
item 3
Something Anything Whatever
blah-blah-blah
and so on

Corwings has provided a complete answer, but I sense that you're really asking how to specifically do this in frontpage. If this is the case, select "table" from toolbar, highlight "1x2" and leftclick. This will give you a table with two adjacent cells; place the cursor somewhere within the table and rightclick "table properties" margin=0, if you want to manipulate cell data and span, rightclick in the appropriate cell, select "cell properties" and leftclick your choice.

an additional comment: after completing your layout its a good idea to check the result in ns or mozilla, you may need to rework the table/cell attributes (in HTML view, tweak the parameters, note percent vs pixels) and, if needed, adjust accordingly to get an acceptable compromise in those browsers.

Re: Re: How do I get two tables side by side?

Thank you guys so much. Your help is appreciated. :)

Browser: tywien@gmail.com,3