This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how to i get my own template to shot

Hey Guys, I am creating my website i believe i have the premium site (100gb site)..

i have created a front page on adobeand image ready and i sliced it up and saved with dream weaver.. now i uploaded the whole folder with the individual html slces and jpg.s

problem is i see them on the site folder label images but i dont know how to post them so that when you click www.smoothmatic.com you see my template and not the funky default one...

Browser: marvalos718

Re: how to i get my own template to shot

What I see on your site now is a startup from the Website Wizard. If you are creating your web pages on your local PC you should not go to the Website Wizard for any reason. There are no functions in the Wizards that are useful to you.

To make you web page(s) visable, the page you want visitors to see first, when they use your URL, must be name "index.html" or "index.htm". The rest of your web pages don't have this restriction. If you go to the File Manager, you should see a "index.html" file listed. This is the one that we are seeing now. Delete it and then rename the page you want people to see, to "index.html". Then, delete your Temporary Internet Files, and force a browser refresh (F5), using your URL. This should bring up the page you want.