This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What am I doing wrong???

Help! I'm trying to design our craft club's simple web page around template #524. I have most everything on the page I want, but keep having problems with the top banner (portion in gray) and the background. I've tried moving things around, but it doesn't seem to me that even the template itself is correct when I copy and paste to test it....am I missing something?

HOW do I get the top part of the page to be totally "filled in"....and how do you remove the gray block down at the bottom that's supposed to be on top?

Re: What am I doing wrong???

It took me a while to realize what was happening, but it turns out, your not really doing anything wrong. It wasn't until I centered you main content area that it became obvious. The cause of the problem is that you are using a free web site. The background you defined gets put into place properly, but when the advertising banner is inserted, the rest of your web page is pushed down. Had the background been a solid color or pattern, it might not have even been noticed.

Now I suppose you want a solution. Too bad, because I don't have one yet. Since you template is just a large table, you may be able to wrap it in another table, or a div, and then apply the background within the table. The banner would then push everything down by the same amount. Then we would have to deal with the upper area, behind the banner.

If anyone else comes up with a workable solution, fee free to post.

Re: What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for the info....so I can either upgrade to avoid the problem with the ad banner or figure out how to insert a new background?