This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Template problems with html

I have Downloaded some templates but when i try to upload my pages onto the template the images come as a red cross and the template doesnt work

any help, i would be willing to use bravenet templates aswell if they worked with my html coded pages

Thanks for your help

Re: Template problems with html

Images turning into red crosses is a problem that can often be solved with a minimum of information such as your URL.

As for the rest of it, it might help if you clarified things a bit. For instance, there is no
"upload my pages onto the template"
A template is a page, except usually it says things like Put your content here instead of "Hi! I'm Michael and this is my website"

Obviously you are confusing something with something else. When you are talking about "bravenet templates working with your html coded pages" it is probably due to the same problem.

ok ill explain my situation again

i have a few pages but not all of them so therefore havent put the site together completly but im trying to get coding and a template to work on one page.

once i get it to work on one page it should work no the rest.

ok this is the problem briefly

i have a template which i downloaded and i have coding for the page, how do i get the coding onto the template?

Re: Re: Template problems with html

Quite possibly it is me. But nothing clicks into place reading that message.

Are you talking about a few lines of code that you want to insert into the template?

What exactly do you mean when you say:
i have coding for the page, how do i get the coding onto the template?

Since I'm obviously very slowly, don't be afraid of insulting me by spoonfeeding me details.

I find this confusing too. There is no such thing as uploading you code onto your template.

You say you have coding for the page. Do you mean you have content that you want to appear in your template? Or do you have some HTML code to insert in to your template? A template is nothing more than a text file with HTML coding in it that creates a basic page structure. If you want to add content to it, you can open it up in any one of a dozen different editors, and cut/paste your text or code. If your putting images in, you either construct the HTML code for a tag or you use a web page editor that will do it for you.

Maybe you could give us the URL to a test page, or something, to clarify what you trying to do.

sorry im not sure how to explain it - i have the coding but i want to to work on the template surely u can understand that. I have coding i just need to apply the coding with the template code

i also have another question
i want to use bravenet as my host for my website but im not sure where the page to upload your website on is
can someone please help?

please help

No one can help unless you give us some more information.

You have mentioned a template, and that you want to add some coding to it.

Most templates include HTML files, which can be used to create a web site. If you use a text editor to open one of those HTML files, you will see that it consists of lots of coding. If you use a web browser to open the HTML file, you will see that it appears as a web page.

So a template *is* coding. You are asking how to add coding to coding, which is OK, but the only possible answer is something like "use copy/paste."

If you want a better answer than that, you have to give us something specific to go on -- such as, what template you are using, and what "coding" you want to add, and where.

Even better would be, why you want to add the coding: what effect you are aiming for.

The best idea would be if you uploaded the files you are working on, and told us the URL of the site so someone could look at it, along with the clues I suggested above as to what you are trying to do.

thanks
i tried to upload some of the files but the files uploader thing wasnt working