This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how do i use frontpage to add my own pages

hi everyone..
is there a way to bypass the templates that bravenet lets you choose from.. and for me to use my own designed page that i made in frontpage?
any help would be greatly appreciated :)
thanks!

Re: how do i use frontpage to add my own pages

Create your pages in Frontpage the way you want them and then upload the finished pages to your site.

Yes just use the publish application in Bravenet. If it doesn't work just follow Stephan's advice.

Browser: ,4

Incorrect advice

Only use the Bravenet "publish" function if using the Website Wizard. NEVER in conjunction with any other editing tool.

The Wizard will only work in its pre definined "themes". You can't use it with a template.

Re: Incorrect advice

Frontpage has its own Publish option which needs to be configured with the FTP information for your site in order to have it upload the files to the right place.

Re: Re: Incorrect advice

Yes, the advice that I said was incorrect explicitly advised the OP to use the Wizard's publish function.

You also must have premium hosting for frontpage extenstions.

Re: Re: how do i use frontpage to add my own pages

You can use Frontpage with free hosting as long as you don't use Frontpage Extensions.

a good overview of FrontPage extensions can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/servers.mspx

I just made an account and I can't even find the place to put your graphics at or the place to make your website.

ValorGirl ,

Try this link to my Getting Started help page.

Re: Re: Re: how do i use frontpage to add my own pages

Well....I feel as though I have died.

Why can't we use Frontpage extensions?

Does that leave all possiblities of reply type pages out?

I paid for service....not very happy right now...
please, tell me that I am wrong.