This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i cant get a fixed background!!!

so for the life of me i cannot seem to keep my background still. i just want the background to stay fixed, and ive tried every variation of codes on the internet, but none of em seem to work with bravenet.

can someone please tell me how to keep my background from scrolling!!!!
thank u

Browser: xwingonfirex,2

Re: i cant get a fixed background!!!

The background of your home page:

http://www.model38.com/

is certainly fixed when viewed in IE6.

But Firefox can't figure out the mangled coding of your body tag, so it fails to fix the background.

Fix the code, and your problem -- and your background -- will be fixed.

Adam,

Since all body attributes have been depreciated, you are better off moving your specifications to a body style setting. Right now your body style says:

body {scrollbar-base-color: 564133;

Change your tag so it simply says and then change your body style to read:

body
{
scrollbar-base-color: 564133;
background-image: url('http://model38.com/final.jpg');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
border: 0px solid ;
}

This will fix the background.

And, yes, I know the background is huge and it will slow down access for all his visitors, but Adam will have to work that out. Since 75% of the background is just a pattern, it can probably be cut up and pieced together, but it would take a bit of work. Put that on your list of "things to do".

Re: Re: i cant get a fixed background!!!

To add to Martin's comments - there are more options available when using styles then when using body attributes. It also reminds me that shifting those attributes to a stylesheet is something I should be doing on my site.

On Martin's code.. where it says background-repeat: no-repeat.. you need to make that simply repeat. Why, because on resolutions higher than 800x600, the background needs to repeat.. another words, it allows it to tile. If you don't have it.. and you add more content to your page where a scroll bar is needed.. it will look ugly when the image stops.

You are better off putting repeat in any background that covers an entire page. If you use an image that you only want in the middle of your page, then no, don't repeat it.. put the no-repeat so it doesn't tile.