This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HTML code Help

I created something in Microsoft Word and would like to incorporate it as a page in my website. The word document has Pics, text boxes, and a background. Can anyone tell me what I must do to do so? I'm pretty sure I can do it if I can convert it to html coding and then just add it to website page. Wait... Don't know what I am saying. I'm puzzled and confused, did I mention I'm new to this.
Would appreciate the help, thank you.

Browser: shark_8bawl,4

Re: HTML code Help

As far as I know, you can't. The pics have to be uploaded to the web and the incorporated into the page as html. The rest of your page has to done in html as well. Unless you just want to have a link to the document, where people click a link and the document opens. I think you can do that.

Re: HTML code Help

OK, first MSWord can save the document in html BUT it will do so in such a way that the print formatting can be recreated which means that there will be lots of additional html that is totaly redundant for the web.

If you have one document previously originated in Word then give it a go but don't make a habit of it as you will be wasting bandwidth and will have pages that are very difficult to maintain.

Word will create multiple files and they all have to be uploaded. Create an empty folder on your PC and save the document as html to that. Afterwards you will see several files there and quite possibly a sub-folder as well. Upload everything that you find there including sub-folders and their contents.