This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is there anyway I can BAN the bad people who are disturbing my sites visitors?

I have a lot of annoying and vulgar-speaking people visiting my site and I already know their IP's, what can I do to ban their IP's, not including the Bravenet IP ban thing. I want to be able to COMPLETELY ban them from my ENTIRE site. I have a free account so it has to work within Bravenet. Also I think I have found a way to block them, but it requires editing the .htaccess file or whatever. Does anyone know if free accounts have one and how I can get to it? Also I banned a person using Bravenet ban, but they came back using a different IP. I would also like to know if there was anyway to ban them, like forever so that they can't keep coming even if their IP is different. Last thing, one of the people I banned came back and said he would help all the other people I banned by showing them how to use a proxy. What is a proxy, how does it work, and what can I do stop it from working??? I konw this is a lot of questions, but I have been trying to hold out from asking for a while but the problems have gotten really bad. I want my site to be a place where good people like me can escape the "unmentionables" of the world. I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me, THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

Re: Is there anyway I can BAN the bad people who are disturbing my sites visitors?

That is a complex question but in summary the answer is no.

Ignore the trolls, delete their posts without comment. NEVER get involved in flame wars with them. Pond life like that get their kicks from your response.

I am assuming that these people are strangers to you. Some posts like this do turn out to be down to an extension of school bullying. If that is the case it must be treated in the same way as any bullying incident inside the school.

Re: Is there anyway I can BAN the bad people who are disturbing my sites visitors?

I am not sure what you are referring to. If it is the guestbook or journal you can fix that where it has to have your approval before it is posted. That is what I do and I have not had that trouble. It is best to look over anything before it is published.