This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with website coding

I'm almost done my website but I'm having trouble with the Internet Explorer browser. I made my site up in Mozilla Firefox browser and it looks perfect, but when I go into the IE browser, all of my graphics are breaking up and I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the coding but I'm not sure what? Can anyone help me with this? It's breaking up right where I've got the code for the menu map, at the top of my page. I've tried everything to fix this. The thing is, alot of people still use IE and I don't want it looking all weird on their browsers. Please let me know if you find something.

Re: Help with website coding

Not sure what the problem is Jacquelin---I'm using IE6 with 1024x768 res, I have no problem whatsoever with your site... seems well laid out and balanced, graphics appear to be correctly displayed. What version of IE are you viewing this on, and what screen resolution?

MacMac...That's funny, I'm using the same version and resolution as you but it breaks up on my screen, right where the menu map is. Maybe I'll ask a few people using IE to view my site and see what they think. Just to make sure. Thanks so much for your quick response.

OOps... I just checked it again and now I see what you mean. I dont have time to check all your code but a cursory glance reveals that your table structure is not specified correctly; width=780 should be width="780", for example. Also, I have found that table data should be consistent in either pixels or percentage, I seem to have problems when I mix the two measurements. To accomodate lower resolutions, keep your table width such that it can be viewed correctly in 800x600. Remember that the vertical scroll bar will eat some of your space.

Hi MacMac, I worked on the problem last night and finally found what was causing it to break up in IE. I forgot to add an undo tag to my coding. But I also did what you suggested and added (")to my code, which I'll be doing for now on. You were very helpful, thanks again.