This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
meta tag not function (please help me!)

Below is the structure of my meta tag code. But when I submit to yahoo and google search engine, nothing keyword can go to my web page. Why?

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Vital herb is the traditional herb that used for body treatment

Re: meta tag not function (please help me!)

You haven't asked a coding question.

It seems that perhaps you want people to be able to find your site when they perform certain searches using major search engines, but that's not what you said. You said something about meta tags not functioning. But meta tags do not do anything by themselves.

If you told us what you want to happen, and what you tried to do, and what happened instead of what you wanted to happen, someone might be able to make a constructive suggestion.

Of course, if you are interested in improving your site's ranking in the major search engines, you will probably get better answers over on the forum that is dedicated to that topic: the Traffic Builder Forum.

Re: meta tag not function (please help me!)

trad,

If you are expecting to pop up to the top of stack on a yahoo or google search by simply submitting your site, you are mistaken. You may start turning up in the searchs in a week or two, but somewhere around page 20.

When you submit your site, the search engine tells you that it may take weeks or months to start turning up with a high ranking in searchs. In fact, there is no guarantee that you will ever show up. Submitting your site only gets you on a list of sites to be indexed. When the search spider gets around to indexing you site, you will start showing up.

You also need to look at your keywords. Are your keywords really that unique? When you put them in a search now, how many hits do you get? 1 million, 2 million, 8 million? It's hard to be on top when there is that many hits.

In the mean time you need to make sure your site has more than a few meta tags. You need content, content, and more content. Embed your keywords in the content as much as you can, without over doing it. A site map always helps and get your site linked to from as many other sites as you can. This way your site is seen when the other sites are spidered.

Get involved in forum discussions in your interest area and make sure you always list your URL. Even in this forum. You can leave out your email address, that only brings you spam. But the forums are searched all the time and discussions are indexed. It's up to you to make yourself visable.

Then just sit back and wait. It isn't going to happen over night.