This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Testing PayPal Buy Now Buttons

I am trying to test paypal buy now buttons on my website. I have generated the html code..copied and pasted onto my website and the code is there, the button actually shows up in the edit mode...but when I click on the button all I get is a "box" (like a container box) around the button. When I switch to the file manager and view my website there...the button does not appear. I have not published my website yet...but paypal states that I don't have to in order to test the button......
Can anyone offer helpful suggestions ??
Thanks

Re: Testing PayPal Buy Now Buttons

Paypal mean that you don't have to copy the web page to your live site to test, you can test with a copy of the web page on your computer.

The key point is that in order to test you need to view the web page in a browser. Since you used the work "Publish" I assume that you are using the Bravenet Wizard to create your pages. With the Wizard you need to publish in order to convert the database definition of your page into a web page viewable in a web browser.

Re: Testing PayPal Buy Now Buttons

This may sound dumb but you need your internet connection to be active to test as the "button" is being drawn directly from pay pals site, so it must connect to it.