This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FORMS - Phone Number Field

How do i input a field (in a form) that will display a 12 didget phone number like the after below?

Before = 2145555555
After = (214) 555-5555

Can anyone help?

Re: FORMS - Phone Number Field

What about the vast majority of phone numbers that don't fit that format? My phone number is that length but formatting it that way would be completely wrong.

eg: before = 0299999999
should be after = (02) 9999 9999

or alternatively I might enter my phone number as
+61299999999 and how would you format that?

Answered elsewhere

Why clog up the forums by posting in multiple places?

Re: Re: FORMS - Phone Number Field

Just to add to Stephen's post. One thing that really p*ss*s me off about ecommerce is foreign suppliers with sites that will not accept a phone number in international format.

Yes, I understand those concerns however my business is confined to a very local area in southwest Florida. With a few exceptions, all of those responding will be here during the winter months and looking for my services prior to leaving the area during the hot summer months. I provide home watch services.

Guess my post was a little selfish in that I wasn't to concerned what other would be able or not able to learn from the answer. If there is one, it would help me but perhaps not you. Mostlikely you don't have a winter home in Southwest Florida.

Any constructive comments or help?

Take a look at this Javascript to Format Phone A Number. It looks like it does what you want. This was just the first hit on a google search with the string "Javascript phone number format".

Thank you very much Martin!