This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cookie script

Trying to find a session cookie script for a login page that doesn't include all the 'login' part. (I like the one I have.)
Just need to make sure someone visits the member login page and logs in correctly first (which I already have) and not be able to draw from history or type in member page url directly.
Page is low security.
Thanks

Re: Cookie script

Do you have a server side language available to do this with? If so which one?

Was thinking javascript? Like the login form I'm using. I have pro hosting with bravenet so php would work or ??? I don't mind if it's something simple for now.
Not familiar with php and bravenets tutorial really doesn't exist. I visit your site often it is very helpful. I was considering purchasing php gaurddog but I know it requires htaccess that bravenet doesn't handle. I have found a few javascripts that actually do what I want, but all use the index.html page for reference and I need to use another page but when I try to modify it, it doesn't work any more.
Like this one.

onLoad="detect()"
View source if not visible. Can this be modified with a page other than index?
Thanks, appreciate your help always.

Let's try that again.
It didn't even show up in view source.

See if that shows up.

Apparently it won't show because it's a script.
Sorry. Try this link to see what I'm talking about.
http://www.jdstiles.com/java/sameaccess.html
Thanks again

Because the forum allows HTML, you have to modify the code a little bit to make it display rather then be interpreted. Javascript is generally just stripped out.

The code you were trying to post is in two parts. The first part is intended to be placed in the structure of your member web page.

The first line looks to see if the referrer page was the "index.html" page. It it was, it just exits. If not the second line connects to the "index.html" page.

The second part, the event handler, is intended to be placed in your tag, so that it runs a check at the time the page loads, like this:

This is set up specifically for the "index.html" page but should be modifiable to work with any pages. For example, if your member page was named "members.html" and your login page was named "login.html", you should be able to put this script in your "members.html" page modified to look like this.

This should work, but there are several possible ways around it. If a user has Javascript disabled, nothing will happen. Here is a link to a old discussion on a very similar script, that brings up other problems.

http://www.codingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-9824.html

You can probably find more information by hunting around the net with google.

Thank you both.
I've decided to buy php gaurddog. Bravenets lack of htaccess apparently just means I have to protect each page seperately as oppossed to just protecting a file directory, but that's just copy/paste. Tedious but no problem and it will interface with paypal. Actually quite a nice program and should meet future needs nicely.
Thanks for you help.

ne bu bende biolmiyom :D

Browser: katil01@hotmail.com,3