This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
member forums?

is it possible to make it so that people must become members to use the forums and chat features? and that there member ids appear on their posts and during the chat?
Email: heriosan@yahoo.com

Website URL http://www.herorealm.bravehost.com

Re: member forums?

THe Bravenet forums can be password protected at two levels. You can restrict access to those who know the password or you can allow anyone to view but restrict posting to those who know the password. (Note that the forum can have one password only so you need to give it to each person that you want to allow access).

If you want individual passwords then you could install phpBB on Bravenet Premium hosting (or any other hosting that supports PHP and a database).

i would suggest you used phpbb forum not only can you make it password only you can set usergroups that have restricted access or if you want you can set each person up seperately.....

have a look at one of mine....
www.elclan.flnet.org and click forum

unregisted people can do something's
registered people can do a bit more
and so on .....
If you look at the usergroup tab you'll see all the usergroups that are set up for this forum....
youcan even set it so peolpe can just read post's other's can write post if yo so wanted you can set it so you can start a poll but not be able to vote on it...

I've set up about 10/12 of these forum's and know of a few places that will host them for free as well.....

e-mail/ msn me and i'll let you have the links....

Have fun

Browser: rata.athome@ntlworld.com

yes. do you kown how to get your password now

Browser: 1