This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
the font on my html edit page

The font on my html edit page changed to a horrid font. How do I change it back?

Re: the font on my html edit page

Never mind that, you have real problems. But I would guess the reason is most likely to be that you are trying to use some font that isn't a standard windows font. If so, don't.

The problem with your page is that you are using a lot of images that are "resized" simply by changing height and width attributes. This means your page is now so heavy with huge files that for a lot of visitors your site simply isn't there any longer.

You have a picture on your page called best2.jpg. It is 154 x 136 pixels and 4.7 kilobytes. That is OK. You also have a picture that appears to be the same size, called bestbaby.jpg. That picture is actually 2048 x 1536 pixels and 687 kilobytes.

By modem and dial-up, that one image alone could easily take a few minutes to download. You need to edit all of those images and optimize them for web use. It is not a good idea to put more than about 75 kb on a single page.

Re: the font on my html edit page

Hello Fellow Orgoinain!

It is pretty siple to change your FONT. In the visual editor you can highlight the font and change it. In the text editor you could delete the font face styles and use the default.

G'Luck
Anna

Re: Re: the font on my html edit page

It is best to supply a list of alternative fonts. That way if your visitor doesn't have the first font in your list they see it in the second font (if they have that one) or the third or whatever the first one in the list is that they have. End the list with one of the generic font types (serif, sans-serif, monospace, fantasy, cursive) and if they don't have any of the fonts in the list then at least their browser will select a font that is similar.

Of course until you get your page size down under 70-80k you wont have many people see the page anyway as only 50% of visitors wait long enough for pages that big to load let alone bigger pages.