This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Text Formatting

How do I keep the text format (fonts, colours, sizes etc.)on the weg pages (including the index.htm that I edit on-line only) that I upload onto my site.
I noticed that when I logged on to my site from a friends computer it all looked terrible!

Re: Text Formatting

Use standard windows fonts. You are now trying to use fonts with names like Vivaldi, Ogilvie, Nosfer and Visitation. While they sound fun, I've never heard of them before. And if I haven't installed them on my system, I cannot see them.

If you select fonts that people are actually using, you can at least predict how your page will look to others.

You may of course offer the fonts for download and encourage visitors to install them. You could also encourage visitors to visit you and let you tie them to your bed with chains and handcuffs. I didn't check your photo album, so I won't try to predict which suggestion would work best.

(Hmmm... my attempts at humour do not always work out well. The last couple of sentences should be read as: ".....but do not bother.")

Thanks for that.

So the only way I can use those fonts (they are pretty good) is in a picture file?

cheers
Mars

Do you want the long or the short version?
Long.
You're finished.
What's the short version?
Bye.

Answer: Yes

Thanks again.

I cannot recall how I found this website but--This site will analyze your pages and let you know what browsers have a problem with the Font you choose! Along with tons of other very helpful info!

http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/

Anna

Browsers don't restrict font choices

Browsers don't have problems with ANY font. If the font is on your computer they can use it. If the font is not on your computer they can't.

It is impossible to predict what fonts any given computer may have installed apart from the ones supplied with the Operating System. If a computer is running a particular operating system then the chances are a bit better than 99% that the fonts that came with the operating system are still installed.

Thanks everyone for your help.