This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help w/ sections of webpage

I started making my site w/ the wizzard, now that it's set up i am editing the html.. What i'm trying to do is add a new page so it has the same top and border on the sides, but not the 4 sections.. What part of the code do I get rid of to have one section, but keep the top and side designs etc...

for instance, see http://mortgage34.com/contact.html

I don't want the 4 boxes, I just want 1.. Thanks for the help. I hope I explained that well enough

Re: Help w/ sections of webpage

Once you start editing the HTML you will no longer be able to use the Wizard.

Re: Re: Help w/ sections of webpage

I know that... I'm still looking to get my question answered however. Thanks!

Re: Help w/ sections of webpage

Steven may not have read the the other posting, where you explained what you were doing. But, yes, you can modify the page for just one box. I recommend that you start getting real smart on CSS. All of your pages dependent on it and what your asking is not a simple matter.

Eliminating the extra content areas takes several steps. My initial assumption is that you want to eliminate the extra content areas on this page only, and not affect the other pages. This is going to mean a little bit of a hack to override some existing CSS settings and it may not display exactly the same in all browsers.

When I modify pages, I don't actually remove any code, until I am sure of my changes. So I simply wrap the areas I want to go away, in comment tags. In that particular page, it's pretty easy to identify the content areas. There are only 4 of them and you have content in only one. Therefore, the other three are the ones that need to be eliminated. Below is a brief listing showing you the content

structures with the extras ones commented out.

: : : :

If you just do this, and view the page, you will see the content areas gone, but the main content area will stay the same size. To expand this you need to override some of the CSS definitions by adding a style setting in the structure of the page. I inserted the following right after your tage for your CSS file.

This will expand the title bar and the content area. You may have to fine tune the numbers. These numbers work fine for Netscape, but are slightly off for Internet Explorer. I put a copy of your page on my web site and it may be easier if you just do a "view source" to see the changes. There are no changes to the CSS file. The URL to the test page is at Mortage34 Contact Page.

It's a bit of work, and a little bit of a hack, but it will give you a little insight into the structure of the pages. Actually, I thought the page looked fine with the empty content areas.