Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
insert image at top of page

right now the html code says:

Mortgage34.com

I want to replace the mortgage34.com text w/ an image that I have.. I tried doing this:

img src="http://mortgage34.com/myPictures/mortgage34.JPG"

but it just comes out as text.. I don't really have much clue what i'm doing here.. can someone help out? Thanks!

John

Re: insert image at top of page

D@mn it.. when i post the html code it says.. it just lists it.. LOL.. it says the following without the spaces obviously...
< div id="title" >Mortgage34.com < / div >
and I want it to be an image not text.. Thanks!

It's sometimes difficult to make your HTML show up in the forum, with out it being interpreted.

I see a couple of problems with your approach. It appears that you are using one of the Website Wizard Themes. There is nothing wrong with that but it is sometimes very restrictive to use. The area you are talking about is managed from within the Website Wizard, under the "edit site info" link. There, you can change your header and footer information.

I tried it myself, with the exact theme that you are using, and I was able to insert a image in the header. I simply used a standard image tag in the area that says "site title". Below is an example:

The thing you need to watch out for is the height and width of the image. The restrictions of the Website Wizard do not give you a lot of room to work with. You will see this yourself, when you finally get a picture to appear. It's best if you can resize the image yourself, so that it doesn't break up the areas. But it's also possible to manage the size with the image tag itself. For example:

width=XXX height=YYY>

Just make sure you reduce each dimension by a equal percentage, or the image will look distorted.

The other problem I see is that you listed the HTML code for the title area in your web page. You were trying to show this:

Mortgage34.com

And was trying to change it to this:

img src="http://mortgage34.com/myPictures/mortgage34.JPG"

Assuming all of your spelling was correct, this would have worked, if you changed it to this:

The problem is that, the only way you can see this code is from the File Manager. You can not make changes to a Website Wizard creation from the File Manager. It will change the files on your web site, and it will show up immediately on your pages, but, as soon as you go back to the Wizard and publish, all your changes will be over written. Don't try and mix the two editors.

Thanks a lot.. I appreciate the info.. It worked out.. Yes I built the site w/ the wizard, but will be editing it manually.. The editing I can figure out.. Creating it from scratch, not a d@mn clue! LOL

Thanks again!