This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I Change my theme to the template that i downloaded? please help thanks

I uploaded a template from the template gallery.
I went back into the file manager I'm lost from here I see that everything is in the files. I just don't know how to apply the new template to the website that I have established already. I really like this template. Please can someone help.

Thanks

Re: How do I Change my theme to the template that i downloaded? please help thanks

I have the same problems with Erikalove, I upload a new template from template gallery and went to the file manager....and get lost...do not know what to do...........please help! I need to build my website.............help help help

Re: How do I Change my theme to the template that i downloaded? please help thanks

i also have a probelm at this after i save it in my favorite folder and go there i am compltely lost.plese help.

It depends on what part of a template you want to edit. Adding text should be simple in the File manager either with the Visual or Text editors.

If you are wanting to edit the graphics then you would need to look in the image folder of the template you uploaded and see if there are any of the images with "blank" the Blank ones can be opened in your graphic editor and changes there--give a new name and re-uplaod back to your image file. Then you simply replace the template image with your new one.

Some of the graphic elements can be edited in the File Manager some cannot--best thing to do is play around with it.

Once you have you first template page made the way you want it--you would need to Save it as your 'index.html' file and it would be your website front page.

I didn't know how to use the templates when I started. I spent several months playing around with a Wizard site--then learned to do things with the site in the File Manager....eventually I learned more and more about what I was doing and recently remodled my whole site with a template.... Once I learned about what I wanted and how to do many important things...the redo was fast and easy!

Good Luck