This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do i get my pages to open in the same window

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help, i am almost halfway through designing my first website and i would like to know how i get my pages to open in the same window, if you take a look at my site, when you choose a page from the menu it opens in a new window and i cant seem to find the code to stop it doing that

Help much appreciated

Re: How do i get my pages to open in the same window

You are missing a parameter in each of your menu definitions which is causing it to default to opening a new window. If you look at your menu definition, the top line defines the possible parameters for each line. There are 4 of them, but your link lines only include 3 for most of them. It does look like you tried on one of them, but got it incorrect. For example, the top few lines of your menu look like this:

//Link[nr] = "position [0 is menu/1 is item],Link name,url,target (blank|top|frame_name)"
var Link = new Array();
Link = "0|Cyber Babes Graphx Designs";
Link = "1|Babes Profiles|introducing.html|link target_self";
Link = "1|Sample Tags|ImageMap.htm";

If you change them to the following, they will open up in your current window.

//Link[nr] = "position [0 is menu/1 is item],Link name,url,target (blank|top|frame_name)"
var Link = new Array();
Link = "0|Cyber Babes Graphx Designs";
Link = "1|Babes Profiles|introducing.html|top";
Link = "1|Sample Tags|ImageMap.htm|top";

The additions are highlighted. The target area is only looking for one word.

If you use "blank" it will open a new window for each menu selection.

If you enter "top" the new page will open in the current window.

If you use an arbitrary name, like "Link_Win", a new window will open for the first selection, and then successive selections will open in that same named window. This is nice to use when you have a bunch of links to other sites. The other sites open in a separate window leaving your site in the main window.

Re: How do i get my pages to open in the same window

Thank you very much for your help