This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
email form

i have added a form to my website using microsoft publisher and then hadf some problems so i edited the form using the information provided in the tutorial for making forms on the bravenet website. but what happens is each time i click submit now, a message pops out saying that "this form is being submited using email. submitting this form will reveal your email address to the recipient and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy" so i click ok to continue and it gives me another message from microsoft office outlook saying that"no profiles have been created. to create a new profile, use the mail icon in control panel. " and the only option to click is ok and then nothing happens and the form stays there....can anyone tell me what to do...
thank you

Re: email form

The only reason you run into a problem like that is, when you use a "mailto" reference in your form action, and you don't have a locally configured email client. You have a hotmail address so you probably get your email through your web browser. A "mailto" reference doesn't know how to use web mail. This will happen with most of your visitors too, so it is better to go with a form mail service.

But that seems to be a mute point at this time. I see that you went with a form mail service from "mycontactform.com". I can only assume that it works now. Just be sure you understand that the free service from "mycontactform.com" only allows for 20 submissions a month. If you are not expecting much mail, that may work fine. Also, you can not add fields manually. You must user their form builder or any manually added fields are ignored.

There are other free form services that give you more flexability in the number of submissions, and adding fields, but they have their drawbacks as well. Form-Mail.com allows you 50 submissions a month, and Bravenet limits the number of returned fields to 30. But neither of them have a built in form creation tool like "mycontactform.com". There is also "mail-maniac.com" which allows attachments and doesn't have a return field or submission limit that I have been able to find.

thank you for answering my question...i have it working now as you said..but the limit is 20...i might try another webmailservice, but it got me confused with the html code since i'm only a beginner. thanks again for the useful info.

Re: Re: email form

The best place to start when learning to crerate web pages is to get a decent web page editor and then learn HTML. Using programs whose primary purpose is not web page creation is the fastest way to creating an unusable mess. Microsoft's web editor is called Frontpage.

>>>There is also "mail-maniac.com" which allows attachments and doesn't have a return field or submission limit that I have been able to find.<<<

http://www.mail-maniac.com details:

unlimited amount of mailforms
unlimited amount of emails per day/month/year
max 3 emails per minute (to prevent spamming)
attachments up to 320kb
no advertisements
your own redirect page
totally free

The only thing they ask from you is to check out the advertisements on the homepage often to keep the service free!

grz