This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Making a video where you don't gotta click on something

How can i make a video on my website without having the visitors to have to click on it so when they enter the site the video plays??

Browser: AntiFlag3774,2

Re: Making a video where you don't gotta click on something

1. Many visitors will not want to watch video so having it play automatically will drive many visitors away.

2. To get video to play properly without massive delays for it to download first requires that the video be "streamed". You will therefore need to find hosting that supports streaming video. You should be able to find such hosting for around $100/month.

3. If you don't stream the video then your visitors may have to wait several hours before the page finishes downloading and the video starts to play. Only 0 in a million visitors will wait that long.

Re: Making a video where you don't gotta click on something

What length video are you talking about?
30 sec. or 5 min???
Do you have free hosting, basic, pro?

Re: Re: Making a video where you don't gotta click on something

I don't think any of those questions make any difference. Bravenet doesn't have streaming video support so to add it to Premium hosting would mean finding a version of that software written in PHP.

A 1 second video would be a H--U--G--E web file if presented any other way but could be handled as a download on any Pro bravenet site (but let your visitors know how big it is first before they click the link).