This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Template-I want to Override the Link Color that shows on my page?

Hopefully this ends up being a Simple Question?

I have found a Template I love! But I have one problem that is driving me crazy and I hope someone can help me....????

I love the default text colors in themplate EXCEPT the horrid BLUE when I create a link! In the File manager I cannot seem to Oreveride this UGLY BLUE and make my text links in a more fitting color!

I specifically have issue with the text linking color that shows on the 'golden' graphic of my template. The side bar and Lower horizontal grafics display a pretty 'White' Text when I just place Taxt but the moment I Link any text that ugly Blue pops in! Except when for whatever REASON? It is Purple (????)

Do I need to go into the CSS and perhaps mayby only find one line of code to change my Default text link color? I do not WANT Purple or BLUE (well at least not THAT blue--a midnight blue would be nice but not the old yucky link blue from the prehistoric days!)

Please anyone if you can help me I would be soooo happy!

I have a TEST page at this web address:

http://happymomanna.com/Templates/work_copy.html

Thanks

Re: Template-I want to Override the Link Color that shows on my page?

If I could figure out some way to set the "Unvisited links to Midnight Blue "191970" and the Visited links to black "000000" for the default colors of the WHOLE templete Links I would be soooooooooo happy...I would be HappyMomAnna again! :)

PS--in the AREAS that MATTER the VERY MOST to me...the set color is White for Text which is Fine and I like it as long as I do NOT link it...then it is BLUE or Purple...But I am NOT Crazy about the Blue or Purple in any part of the site...And I don't know why some links show blue and others show purple?

Thanks...

You have a lot of link color definitions for specific areas in your CSS File, but you don't have any default link specifications. Try adding something like the following to the top of your CSS file.

A:link {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none}
A:active {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none}
A:visited {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none}
A:hover { color:#B22222; }

Adjust the colors as you see fit. For more detailed information on working with the CSS link definitions see W3Schools - CSS Pseudo-classes. They have a couple of nice examples.

Thank You Martin! I will be checking out the site!

Anna

Adding it to the top of the CSS seems to have not made a change...

Is it 'silly' to just stick in on the actualy page maybe?

Anna

Never MIND it WORKED! It appears I have two CSS files right now because I am converting from a Wizard page to a template and have not deleted the Wizard .css yet!

It Worked--It Worked--Thanks MarTin!!!!

Anna