This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Adding "no right click"

Hi there all,

How/WHERE do I add "no right click"?
(before the pic tag?)

Re: Adding "no right click"

You don't. The rightclick context menu is part of my browser, and you have no right to sabotage it. And if someone told you it prevents "stealing", that person is either a fool or maliciously trying to trick you into uploading things you should not.

Disabling "no right click"

Decent web browsers allow you to disable attempts to disable right click. For those without decent browsers you can always use a bookmarklet (link above) to re-enable it.

Adding no right click is irrelevant to anyone who wants your source code. If you're worried about pics add a watermark identifing them as yours.

"
You don't. The rightclick context menu is part of my browser, and you have no right to sabotage it. And if someone told you it prevents "stealing", that person is either a fool or maliciously trying to trick you into uploading things you should not"
Oh, shut up. He/she has the right to do htat if it's his/her own site. And I'm sure you can disable right click on the whole page if you wanted to. I can't seem to find the code right now though.

SHUT UP BORWING

Is it just me or does corwing apear to have his/her head far too far up its own brown plop shooter to see any sense ? and is it arguing with itself in that strange incoherent keyboard warrior rant ?

I understand that this other feels that they are being sabotaged.. however- I have people stealing pics off my page and friend's pages and then stressing everyone out.. with no way of contacting this crazy girl who is doing this.. I would like to put a right click restriction so that she can't steal any more pics and cause trouble...

You can go to www.google.com and do a search on "no right click", and you will come up with dozens of links to scripts that will do what you want. But that really isn't the point of everything here. By the time a visitor sees your images in their browser, these images are already on their PC. The web server has already given them to them. They can then do whatever they want to with them. Script or no script.

You can install a "no right click" script, but even my 3 year old grandson knows how to get around that. This then annoys all of your visitors, not just the ones your trying to stop. And because you have attempted to limit the use of their browser, you lose visitors.

Steven, in other posts, recommends that you use a watermark on your images. This will always identify you images as yours, even when they are copied. People may be a little reluctant to post images with someone elses mark on them. This could lead them to copyright infringement problems with their web host.

The internet is not your private place, where you can pick and choose what everyone else does. If you put your pictures on a web site, you are showing them to the whole world. There is no expectation of privacy.

I would go with the watermark. That is what a lot of artist, photographers and especially cartoonists are doing on the internet.

Personally I plan on letting the public have some of my pictures because it is a good way to attract visitors.