This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A problem with the music

Hi, I have a song in my computer and I wanna put it in my website. Is it possible? How can I do it? The music isn't in the Internet, I dunno how to upload it... maybe in Windows Media?
If people want to listen to it, will they have to download the song?
PS. Sorry if I've write some mistakes, I don't speak english very well...

Re: A problem with the music

You didn't tell us what kind of "song" and what kind of bandwidth you have. Most likely, if you had, I would right now have been telling you that this is a bad idea, you should put it out of your head.

The reason you are considering it at all, I think has to do with the confusion that made you ask: "If people want to listen to it, will they have to download the song"

Sit down and think about it for a while. I'm sure it won't take you long to realize that for anyone to hear it without downloading would require magic, no less. You can find tiny midi files that some people (for some odd reason) like to have as background music on their websites. If you are talking about a real song, yes, people will have to download it. And if they don't have a very fast connection, this will take a long time.

If you are a struggling young composer with no better outlet for your music, we can always discuss ways of making this less costly by compromising between the quality you want and the amount of bandwidth you are willing to pay for. If not, consider that people who share your taste in music probably have something similar on their own computers. Those who do no..... (need I go on?)

Re: A problem with the music

Outch! for some reasons everytime i see Corwings i get this messages inside my head that constantly Yells music on a webpage is bad very naughty!!!

Sample:..

-------------------------------------------------

"Sample"

The sample took 24 seconds to download at 180 kb/sec. When I was still using a modem I would be very happy to see download speeds of about 3/sec.

Do the math, and you will see that if you want modem users as visitors, it isn't as much naughty as incredibly stupid.