This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
table formatting

does anyone know any HTML to get a table to look like this......

any help most greatly appreciated, ceers mark

Re: table formatting

You mean rectangular? Or what? Tell us what kind of table you want, and it is quite possible that someone may be able to help you.

sorry, i menat a table with text breaking the boarder, as seen in the picture, regardless of colums, rows etc i can edit that myself.

thanks gain,mark

Re: Re: table formatting

No, not with HTML.

Re: Re: table formatting

Are you trying to set up tabular data? If so then everything should be contained within the appropriate columns in the table and you should have a table header row and table caption that identifies what the table is about.

If you are trying to position things on your web page then you should not use tables because they are only for tabular data display. Istead you should use stylesheet commands to position everything on your page where you want it.

I think that you can get pretty creative with tables and borders, and Mark Lee isn't asking anything that is too extreme. I thing that the following is an example of what Mark Lee is asking about. The light colored division lines are an artifact of this forum and the code doesn't inlude them. But they actually serve to illustrate the structure an little better. If you put it in a test page, the light colored internal bordering won't show.

This is a Table

Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3
Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3

I included inline styling to make it easier to see the structure, but it would be better to convert to CSS. The code for the table is below. Make adjustments as you see fit.

This is a Table

Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3
Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3

Martin E. Meserve thank you very much, you made sende - from no sense!
greatly appreciated!

thanks again!