This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is there html to reduce an image size?

My image comes out so large, you need to use slide bar on right or bottom to view entirely. Not a very good Home Page! If I alter the image size with Photoshop software it can't be downloaded to the site for some reason.

Re: Is there html to reduce an image size?

First, try to save things in jpeg(jpg) format so that it doesn't take up as much space. Although a bmp looks better. When you code this code:

<.img src="www.pictureURL.com/picture.jpg" width=00 height=00><./img>

Try changing the width and height of the image. And of course take out the periods I added in the code so it will be eligible.

Absolutely ignore nonsense above

You do not use html codes to change the size of a picture. Instead, let us find out what you are doing wrong in Photoshop. What are you saving the images as? Some filenames and file sizes could be useful.

Changing height and width will actually reduce the apparent size of the image, but not the file size. Most images that are big enough to require scrolling will effectively cripple your site as far as modem users are concerned. (When I say "most", it is because something like a 2-color .gif could be an exception)

.bmp do not look better, they take insanely long to download if people are using browsers that will display non-web formats like .bmp.

I am very much a beginner but changing the size of an image is the simplest thing using MGI Photo Suite.

not according to corwings

Use this online image resizer.
http://www.resize2mail.com/?option=advanced
And try uploading it somewhere else. Maybe you have used up all your disk space or something like that.

you can also and a

width="'number'%"

where 'number' is a number between 1 and 100. This will size the image to the window. If the window is resized, the image is also resized.

I use a program called EzThumbs.exe