This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HTML Email

I posted this on another forum which was probably the wrong forum to post it in. On second thought this is probably the right place. What tips can you offer to be sure all types of email clients can read and HTML email? Thanks!

HTML Email

Where on this site can I find help resources to address my concerns before I upgrade to the free mail list version with Bravent? I looked all over.

I googled the subject and don't want to risk loosing folks like AOL users who have various versions of their software.

I know how to write an HTML email, but just want to cover all my bases before I decide on Bravenet for this upgraded mail list service.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Re: HTML Email

The only way to be sure that all clients can read your messages is to use plain text.

Re: Re: HTML Email

I create multipart versions of my newsletter. HTML for those who can see it and plain text for those who can't. It all goes out in the one newsletter and people see the best version their email program supports. You can also add a separate version for AOL users but I have never bothered to find out how that needs to be formatted.

Re: Re: HTML Email

I send my newsletter out in multi-part format: Both HTML and plain text versions in the same email.