This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
changeing page

I have a page already setup which is an html. I have a second page i created which i would like to replace the first page with, so that it will be the page that comes up when people click on my website. The second page is labeled with html97. i've done it once, I cant remember how i did it, can anyone help me.

Re: changeing page

The page you want your visitors to see first, when they use your URL, must be named either "index.html" or "index.htm". Since your URL works, you obviously have a file by this name. I lookes, but couldn't find anything name "html97". I tried several variations. But you know what it is and that's what is important. From within the File Manager you should be able to rename your current "index.html" file to something like "index_old.html". Then rename your new HTML file to "index.html". Make sure that your name are all lower case characters.

When your done, you may have to delete your temporary internet files and force your browser to refresh. Other wise you may still see the old data for a while.

Let me clarify what i meant, my web page is www.valentinimages.bravehost.com
i want to change my other page which currently is
www.valentinimages.bravehost/index99.html to make it my main page = www.valentinimages.bravehost.com, thanks for any help in advance.

OK, I can see your new page now, but, the answer is still the same. Use the File Manager and rename your current "index.html" file to something like "index_old.html". Then rename your new HTML file, "index99.html" to "index.html". Make sure that your name are all lower case characters. The whole process shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 minutes.