This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
E-Mail forms HELP

Hello,

The e-mail form is giving trouble. I want to make the form a little differnt then what is on the bravenet web site but can't figure out how to fix the layout or how to build the form the way I need it to be.

I am building a friends web site and the current contact us form is not working correctly. BUT is the layout I am looking for.

I want them to be able to put in their name, e-mail address, subjuect and then a have a place to type the message.

Please help me to get the form set up.

The form should look like the one here as far as fields.

http://www.dollsandteddy.com/contact_us.html

your friend,

Kathryn Schwartz

Re: E-Mail forms HELP

I guess I'm not completely understanding your question. Are you saying that the form you are pointing to doesn't work correctly? I looked at the form and it does have some small problems, but it does work. I tried it with my own host name and user id.

If that is the same structure that you want, just view the source code and clip it out. Change the

tag to your own and adjust the user ID to your own. Then paste it into your own document. There is nothing special about the form and it's almost directly out of the Bravenet supplied form. Only on or two minor changes.

Like I said, maybe I'm just not understanding your question.

There is a place in the Email Form service manager where you can specify your questions on the form. There is also a way there to make the big comment box. Go back and look at it again you will see what I mean. You can also make the responses to your questions be "required" or not required. Hope this helps.

The Email Form service manage does not have any utility for creating forms. The service manager has lots of good information on how to create forms, and a couple of sample forms, but no place where you can specify your questions.

There is also no place to mark your questions as required. This sounds like your talking about a different application. I'm pretty sure that in FrontPage you can create email forms, and mark them as required, but not directly from the Email Forms service manager.