This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
logo not being displayed

Hi,

I created my website in dreamweaver and I exported the image and html from fireworks for the logo. It previews fine with dreamweaver, but when I view it on here even the logo file itself fails to display- just get an little 'x' in the corner of a box. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Si

Re: logo not being displayed

I just tried removing the code for the previous logo and inserting a simple flash text logo. Again it previews ok in the browser from dreamweaver, but when I upload it and view it in the file manager here it can't be displayed.

Re: Re: logo not being displayed

After posting this, you apparently fell and hit your head or something. At any rate you forgot you had already posted and posted the same thing on the Web Design board. Since that one was answered, I suggest we close this discussion here so as not to waste peoples time.

Re: logo not being displayed

You seemed like quite a helpful person until that last comment. I'd hardly say that my problem was resolved by saying that the website isn't up yet! There are plenty of issues that cross over different subjects, why not put the question in front of as many people as possible? Wasting people's time? What are you on?!

Re: Re: logo not being displayed

Now for someone oriented towards the usefulness of other people, it may seem obvious that someone wasting their time helping other people in this manner is an idiot, since there is no gain involved.

From our viewpoint, though, we have worthwhile lives, and our time is worth something to us, incredible as that may seem to you.

By posting the same message all over, you are inviting us to waste our time working on the same problem and posting the same answers someone came up with elsewhere. If my reaction was seemed slightly unfriendly, that was because I just checked the site and discovered it wasn't there. If I had spent an hour digging through your source code for mistakes only to discover someone else had already solved the problem on another board, my reaction might well have been in violation of §8a in the Terms of Service.

The fact that the site isn't up may not resolve the question for you, true. But until the site is up, it does for us. You probably made some mistake on your site. Until the site is up, you are the only one who can find it.