This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
This HTML video clip isn't working. Any ideas please.

Thanks for any help.

Re: This HTML video clip isn't working. Any ideas please.

Probably because there is no such thing as a "HTML video clip". If you tell us what you are trying to do, and where, maybe someone can help you.

Usually videos on webpages are in Flash format. If you have Macromedia Flash you can simply import the movie and save as a .swf. If you don't have Macromedia Flash, then feel free to email me and I will happily do it for you.

Re: This HTML audio clip isn't working. Any ideas please.

Sorry it was late.
I meant audio clip.
And I posted the HTML on here I used for someone to look at and tell me where I was going wrong. But it hasn't shown up.

What is the point of having a HTML forum when you can't put it up for others to see!!

You should have mentioned that you inserted the code. The forum tries to interpret the code. If we know it's there we can usually extract it by viewing the source of the post. This is what you were trying to list:

The error is that you are trying to source the audio file directly from Bravenet. When you are previewing the audio clip you should have a link that says "download this audio clip". Download it to your local hard drive and then upload it to your web site. The file name for your clip is "log.wav", so if you uploaded it to the root directory of your web site, the code should look like the following:

You can also include the full address, like this:

Thanks for that. It does now appear now but I still can't play it. It just says connecting but nothing happens.

How were you able to put HTML up but I couldn't?

Thanks again for the help.

Re: Re: This HTML video clip isn't working. Any ideas please.

New problem:

The answer to that question may be on the page where you are trying to add the audio clip. Where is it?

Sorry, where is what? The page or the audio clip?

The audio clip is from the resource centre here.

Sorry I didn't mean to be flippant above, but your reply really is cryptic.

All Corwings is asking for is a URL to your page with the problem. Without the page to look at, it is very difficult to even make a guess. I tested the code before I posted it, so I know it works. The fix is probably something simple but we need to see it on the page.

Now why didn't you say

http://popularpeoplesparty.bravehost.com/

Thanks guys.

Well, I can see the player on your site and can play it with almost no problem. It doesn't play automatically but that can be changed by changing the "autostart" attribute to "true".

With Netscape, the clip plays fine, but with Internet Explorer the clip is cut short. Near the end it just cuts off abruptly. I have no idea why that is.

HTML Link For Vid Clips

I was wondering if someone could email me the HTML Code that will allow me to add video clips?? if anyone can help that would be great,

Thanks