This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
layout 2 cover intire page

how do i make my layout cover entire page do i go back to photoshop and resize but i don't know what size will cover my page,

2nd question cant get my links to work?

Re: layout 2 cover intire page

Correct, you don't know what size the page will be displayed at, that is down to the visitor.

From the reference to Photoshop I assume that you are talking about background rather then the page itself. The easiest solution is to use a tiled small image. This downloads faster and saves bandwidth as well as being more versatile.

i did that i sliced one big image into like 30 small images. I want layout to cover my entire page and if u view my html its all scrwed up doesnt make sense all u see are the images i downloaded can anyone help me come up with a resolve

Re: Re: layout 2 cover entire page

A lot of the images referred to in your code just aren't there. Check the file names.
Try the following link as an example:
http://www.redskyls.com/images/redskyls_13.jpg

also, links:

There are no links on the page you referred us to, so I don't know. But it is very tempting to assume that the explanation is the same: No pages there. Spelling is very, very important.

It looks like your page is gone now, but I saw it earlier. It's a nice looking page. Not many people have the abiltity to create something like that. But it's not really ready for prime time. Right now all you have is a big table with a bunch of images in the cells. You have images for links, but there are no links wrapped around them.

Right now all of the images are directly in each cell. This is going to preclude any content. With the exception of the images that are intended for links, all of the other images need to be moved to the cell backgrounds. Then, withing the confines of the content area, you will be able to overlay text and graphics.

At the very top of your table is a width specification of 750 pixels. You can make your page wider, or make it adjust to the vistiors screen size, but that would also pull your page apart. Your page is heavily dependent on the images in each of the table cells. You are better off leaving it just the way it is and work from there.