This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Visitor Information

This is the first website I've attempted to create. LOL. I would love to know if there is anyway I can find out where my "visitors" are located. As in City/State.

Any help would be appreciated.

~xen~

Browser: xenbunny,4

Re: Visitor Information

That level of detail is not publicly available.

Another way could be to register the Guestbook service to your website. Visitors post and mark their location on a world map and leave messages, i think that will be the closest method. Hope that helps

The stats that I use show the city/state/country of the visitors "server". Well, most of them anyway. There are some that don't list that information. But, that's about as much location information as you are going to get. That isn't a real good indication of a users location, but it may be close enough. I use the free web stat service from "http://www3.addfreestats.com".

Thanks Martin! That's just what I needed. You rock!

Re: Re: Visitor Information

That is the visitor's server not the visitor. Everybody who is a customer of the same ISP as me will show as the same location, you can't tell where in the country a particular person is browsing from.

I have used corporate networks where the actual internet connection is even made in a different continent.

Re: Re: Re: Visitor Information

Thanks Peter. I'm only looking for maybe two different ISP's in particular, so this should work for me.