This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Float or Fixed extra content box!

I have been working on learning HTML and CSS at the same time. I have taken a site I made with the Wizard and used the CSS and Pages as templates to help me learn to understand HTML and how the CSS functions.

Eventually I will figure out how to make the whole page and the CSS with just code and not cheating by using the wizard files to guide me.

I have a page with two EXTRA Content boxes on the left side (which has messed up on my front page)

I notice in the CSS file these boxes are defined as "float" to the left.... I would LIKE them to FIX and Stick to the Left I would like to define both boxes so the will NOT move around and I would rather make the text and grafics FIT into the Box when I edit then have the boxes grow or change sizes!

..........just not sure where to get this kind of help. I am assuming this is something I would change on the CSS file and that it would apply to any pages that I direct to use the css file?

anyway, that is my thought of the day!

Anna

Re: Float or Fixed extra content box!

float:left defines an object that is fixed to the left with other objects contents floating around it on the right.