This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How can I refresh browser when linking to new page?

I am using the BraveNet PassWord Gateway on my non-Bravenet website. I accept posting their add on my page in return for using their frewe service, but, I don't want it to continue being on every page that follows after the main page.

How can I refresh the browser when someone clicks to link to a new page so the ads don't remain as viewers go deeper into my website?

Thanks!

Re: How can I refresh browser when linking to new page?

Hi Greg

Well..... first of all... you shouldn't be using a free service if you can't live with the negative part. Everything that is FREE online has it's shadow.

About the pages deeper into the site....
Just make them individually and don't use any template or pasting code to them. Make a clean page and then link to it from your first page after the gateway.

Good luck

Re: How can I refresh browser when linking to new page?

Thanks for responding. You'll note that I acknowledged the 'price-to-pay' for use of a freebee. It just got a little too high to continue on each page.

I had already tried anchoring a link elsewhere and meta-refreshing, without success. The browser maintained the ads.

So, I resorted to questioning my host site and it turns out they offered me the gateway resource with my package and w/o ads (since I'm a paying customer). It all works well now.

Re: Re: How can I refresh browser when linking to new page?

You can break out by adding the attribute target="_top" to each link BUT this will also expose the back door into your site that bypasses Passsword Gate.