This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
problems!!!!!

Ok, I'll put it my HTML code and preview my website...and what I put it will show up...until I add something else. For example: I put in something so I'd have a design around my mouse (the cursor), previewed my page and it worked. Then I put in another code for my hit counter to show up right under the code for the cursor. Previewed my page and the counter is there but now the design around my cursor is not. Anyone have any clues on why this is happening???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: problems!!!!!

Hi Jenna

Give us the URL to your site so that we can have a look at your code.

It's very difficult to tell what is wrong when one can't see the actuall code.

Keep smiling

this is the code for the mouse image:
< LAYER NAME="a0" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ffffff" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a1" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#fff000" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a2" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ffa000" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a3" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ff00ff" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a4" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#00ff00" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a5" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#FF00FF" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a6" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#FF0000" CLIP="0,0,1,1">
< LAYER NAME="a7" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ffffff" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a8" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#fff000" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a9" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ffa000" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a10" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#ff00ff" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a11" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#00ff00" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a12" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#0000ff" CLIP="0,0,2,2">
< LAYER NAME="a13" LEFT=10 TOP=10 VISIBILITY=SHOW BGCOLOR="#FF0000" CLIP="0,0,2,2">

< script language="JavaScript">

/*
Magic Wand cursor II (By Kurt at kurt.grigg@virgin.net)
Modified and permission granted to Dynamic Drive to feature script in archive
For full source, usage terms, and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit http://dynamicdrive.com
*/

if ( document.all){
with ( document){
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('')
write('< /div>')
}
}

if ( document.layers)
{ window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEMOVE);}
var y Base = 200;
var x Base = 200;
var s tep = 1;
var c urrStep = 0;
var X pos = 1;
var Y pos = 1;

if ( document.all)
{
function MoveHandler(){
X pos = document.body.scrollLeft+event.x;
Y pos = document.body.scrollTop+event.y;
}
d ocument. = MoveHandler;
}

else if ( document.layers)
{
f unction xMoveHandler(evnt){
X pos = evnt.pageX;
Y pos = evnt.pageY;
}
window. = xMoveHandler;
}

function animateLogo() {
if ( document.all)
{
y Base = window.document.body.offsetHeight/6;
x Base = window.document.body.offsetWidth/6;
}
{
y Base = window.innerHeight/8;
x Base = window.innerWidth/8;
}

if ( document.all)
{
for ( i = 0 ; i < starsDiv.all.length ; i++ )
{
starsDiv.all .style.top = Ypos + yBase*Math.sin(( currStep + i*4)/12)*Math.cos( 400+currStep/200);
starsDiv.all . style.left = Xpos + xBase*Math.sin((currStep + i*3)/10)*Math.sin( currStep/200);
}
}

{
for ( j = 0 ; j < 14 ; j++ ) // number of NS layers!
{
var templayer= "a"+j
document.layers[ templayer].top = Y pos + yBase*Math.sin(( currStep + j*4)/12)*Math.cos( 400+currStep/200);
document.layers[ templayer].left = X pos + x Base*Math.sin(( currStep + j*3)/10)*Math.sin( currStep/200);
}
}
currStep+= step;
set Timeout("animateLogo()", 10);
}
animateLogo();
< /script>

and this is the code for the counter:

< script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://pub50.bravenet.com/counter/code.php?id=392828&usernum=4264626032&cpv=2">
< /script>

and when I put them together only one shows up and the other doesnt....and then later on in the day after I add more things to my site...they all just disappear. Am I suppose to be adding something?? (there are spaces in front of things so the script would show up...thats not the problem)

You would have been better off providing a link to DynamicDrive, where the code originally came from, Magic Wand Cursor. Simply putting in spaces doesn't make everything viewable.

But, that is beside the point. I made a test page and inserted that code, your counter code, and a counter of my own, and had no problem making it all work. So there is nothing wrong with the two sets of code interacting. If you have code disapearing it probably has someting to do with editor you are using. This is very easy to do if you are using something like the Website Wizard.

But, you haven't given us a URL to look at and you haven't told us what editor your using. Without more information, we can only make wild guesses. Also note that the code does not work in all browsers.

im doing it in website wizards, going to edit pages, then edit page index.html (Ensen Corp). I go to Code Editor, and I paste the things im coping. I'm kinda new to this, I took a website design class senior year but I kinda forgot most of it.

sorry for not giving you all the info. you need...but like i said IM NEW TO THIS!!! I dont really understand this website yet.