This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Where do i put the banner

In the scripting section under banners, where do i put that code? what does body tag mean or "STEP ONE: Paste this code into the BODY of your HTML" mean? I tried inserting the html in a paragraph but it doesnt work please help.

Browser: elementcky004

Re: Where do i put the banner

i am using freewebs just to let you know i use this site for fowarding.

It looks like you already pasted it in to the of your web page, but you also pasted an extra tag. It looks like your using freewebs easy website builder, and by default, you get a tag. Putting another one in, as listed in the Javascript code for the banner, won't hurt anything, but is unnecessary. Some of the scripts provided don't have enough explanation, are not written very well, and have small errors in them.

So it looks like you already have it in the right place, but it doesn't seem to work as advertised. You can see the window, but nothing will write into it. It's not a very well written script, but can be made to work. The script is having trouble with the "document.all" reference in the Javascript. If the banner was the only thing on the page, it might work. But mixed with other scripts, it may have a problem.

First, you should find a line in the Javascript that says:

document.all.qiksearch_js_space.innerHTML= '' + qiksearch_js_text[div_count] + '' ;

Change it to look like the following code. The changed text is highlighted. Note that these are really single lines and are wrapping due to the forum width. They should be all on one line in your web page.

document.getElementById("qiksearch_js_space").innerHTML= '' + qiksearch_js_text[div_count] + '' ;

The next line to change looks like the following:

document.all.qiksearch_js_space.innerHTML = 'Play Again ?';

Change it to look like the following. Again the change is highlighted and should be all on one line.

document.getElementById("qiksearch_js_space").innerHTML = 'Play Again ?';

thank you