This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
re: how do i code the "click here" to go to different pages

thank you all for helping me with the html code for "click here". it was very helpful, my problem is when i code the "click here" on page 1 of my website in the body of the page and i want the viewer to go to say page3 on my website the code won't let me get to page3. Example on page1 which in the navigation bar is called "NEWS" i might say click on "THIS REPORT" somewhere in the body of page1 to have the viewer go to page3 which on the navigation bar is called "Report Results" how do i get the viewer to go from page1 of my website by clicking "this report" to go to page3 on my website. My second problem which maybe similar to the first is, when I want the viewer to click on a pharse which will take them to an order page how will I code that. example click on "order now" so that click will take the viewer to the online shop or order page to order products. the order page or online shop will be the last page or page 5. Once again much success to everyone on here with their websites and thanks for any support I can get to my problem.

Re: re: how do i code the "click here" to go to different pages

Use the code you have already been given. Just replace "Click here" with "Order now" or whatever. And "newpage.htm" with whatever the name of the page is.

It doesn't matter what you "call" the page in title or headlines or in your own mind. The only thing that matters for the code to work, is the actual filename.

Re: Re: re: how do i code the "click here" to go to different pages

Oh, a couple of more things:
The code supposes that you keep all your pages in the same directory. If you use subdirectories, it must be changed to reflect that. And spelling matters. Page3.htm is not the same as page3.htm.