This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
its not working ! help please ?

Hi People,

I am trying to get the voting thingy on a page in dreamweaver ...

So I can then see what it looks like and then try to adapt it to how i need it and then upload it with my site with a gallery.

I copy the code into the code section in dreamweaver, then check the page and it just doesnt display properly, i get wierd little sumbols with white boxes with red crosses in them and it takes me to my e mail inbox whn i click on them !

Anybody be able to tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

Any help much appreciated !

Thanks

Hyde

Re: its not working ! help please ?

The Vote Caster cut-paste code sources a PHP script from Bravenet and two button images. One button is for voting and the other just takes you to Bravenet to sign up for their service. But if you are doing this off line, and can not contact Bravenet over the internet, all your going to see is wierd little symbols with white boxes with red crosses in them. If you trying to make this work from within the web page editor, most editors do not process external references. You usually have to save your work and view it from a browser.

Try putting the code on a test page and upload it to your web site. If you still have problems, give us the URL of the test page and we will look into it further.

Re: its not working ! help please ?

Thanks for the reply,

i put it in a page on my present site to see if it would work but didn't had to take it off quick too.. notice i posted in the wrong forum and there are lots of people with similer problems in the copy and paste forum too..

I'll try again another day,

Thanks for the reply anyway

Hyde