Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nonfunctional links

Hello,

My site: http://www.firstmutant.bravehost.com

I'm entirely new to website building, so I'm sure this is something simple that I'm missing. Can anyone here tell me why, when using the website wizard, links placed on the left-hand side of my pages work perfectly, while those on the right-hand columns are not clickable? For example, on the front page, all the links to websites I have on the right hand side of the page are fine, but the links to my livejournal/Child of Genomex, and website counter I've placed on the bottom right won't let me click on them. The HTML codes for the weblinks appear to be fine; if I move them to the left side of the page, they work. The same rule is true of all four pages. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Re: Nonfunctional links

You fixed them already? They work now.

I thought too, and almost completely ignored the question, until I tried view it with Internet Explorer. I have been looking at it on the side myself, and it appears to be something in the left content area that is preventing the links in the right content area from working properly. This problem seems to be unique to Internet Explorer because everything works fine when I view it in Netscape.

The web site is one of the newer Website Wizard Themes. But it's structured sort of funny. The content areas on the right are created first, followed by the left content area. I would have done it the other way around, but either way should work. A "float:right;" style setting, in the right content style, tells the content area to be on the right. If you remove that style setting, the two content area will be aligned vertically, but all of the links will work fine. As soon as you force it to float to the right, the links stop working.

This may, or may not, have anything to do with the problem, but it's a start. I do know that Internet Explorer has rendering problems if you leave certain HTML structures unterminated, or overlap them. Maybe another set of eyes can help spot the problem.

Ah, I see. I'm using Explorer, so that must be why I'm having the problem. Thank you for responding!