This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
link from image to next webpage

how do I link from a button image to the next page on my website.

does anyone have a code for this and if so what tag do it go under. I think its called a tag.

Re: link from image to next webpage

I am using the visual editor and the text editor.

If I understand you correctly...you wish to have a button or image, which a user 'clicks' to get to a different page of your website?

The basic code to do that is....

put the html for the button image here

...the location of the page you wish to link, goes between the quotation marks.

ooops...that didn't work...it took the html tags literally....lets try this again...

[a href=""]insert the html for your image here[/a]

In between the quotation marks you would put the address of the page you are linking to. You should of course use the proper angled brackets < > in your code. I used the square ones so that the code would appear in the message and not be displayed literally.

markarious,

I assume you are talking about the Visual and Text editors available in the File Manager.

Ronnie is sort of on the right track. From the Text editor, an tag reference might look like the following:

This should show the image on your site. To make it a link to another page you would wrap a link structure around it like this:

border=0>

Note the addition of the "border" property. This is to eliminate the boarder around the image, which happens by default when you wrap a link around it. Of course, you would adjust the page and image names to match your site.

You can also do this from the Visual editor. First you use the "insert image" icon to insert your image. You may just get a box with a red x in it, until you save your work. Then, to convert the image to a link you need select it. Just clicking on the image is not sufficient to select it. You select it by placing your cursor next to the image and click-and-drag across the image. This should gray out the image a bit.

Once selected, use the "create link" icon. Just fill in the full URL to the web page you want to transfer to. If it's on your web site, a shortened relative link can also be used, instead of the full URL. Clicking on OK should bring you back to the page and show you a image with a border around it. To get rid of the border, select the image again, as previously described, and then click on the icon that says "container properties". The listing on the left should have a "Border" section. It should already have a "0" in the box but you need to click on the little box that says "style" in it. Just select one of the styles and click back in your document. The border should go away. The "container properties" thing works a little funny, so you may have to play with it a little.

As you can see, it's a lot easier to create the link in the Text editor.